Ep 65: How to Ensure People of Color are Celebrated and Centered in Your Classroom with Aundrea Tabbs-Smith
Black history month is celebrated in the month of February and is a fabulous time to take a moment to check in with yourself and your classroom to ensure that people of color are not only celebrated and centered in the month of February but year-round.
Today you will hear:
- [00:50] Announcement: New e2e Module on Membership Site
- [01:20] Aundrea’s Background and Book Intro
- [02:60] Writing a book and why it was Aundrea’s therapy project
- [06:30] How a Colonial America Curriculum sparked a new passion in Aundrea
- [12:20] Why teachers and students need to read book written by BIPoC
- [16:40] Looking at the books on your classroom shelves
- [26:00] Identify authors and educators of color that have created resources on the content
Download Aundrea's Book List
Get Aundrea's Book Tip Tuesday Book List today!